Need string-compare()

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:18:09 -0800
To: www-forms@w3.org
XPath has a string-length() function.  It also has comparators, but the
less-than operator always uses numbers only, never strings.

This means we cannot use the new Xforms 1.1 while attribute to sort data
unless we also have a string-compare() function.

We also cannot find the proper place where new data should be inserted
into an ordered list.

Must be all those extension libraries and XPath 2 users that have resulted
in this not floating up in priority, but it should be part of the core
language.

Cheers,
John