Re: Readonly, relevant attributes for trigger

From: Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 11:24:57 +0100
To: www-forms@w3.org

Guntis Ozols wrote:

> In real life, for me it means that I have to create helper instance + helper
> bindings (bloating, again), just to manage relevant/readonly for buttons,
> because there is NO node in instance data with proper values for these
> attributes. If that's the intention, could this be clarified in the spec.
> Otherwise, attribute solution is  preferred.

While this won't be in XForms 1.1, the XForms Working Group has been
thinking about allowing model item properties directly on controls. As
you correctly point out, this can simplify the code, like with triggers
as you point out, but also in the spirit of smoothing the transition
from HTML forms to XForms and allowing developers to create a model only
when really necessary.

-Erik

http://www.orbeon.com/