Re: context for origin on xf:insert

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@formsPlayer.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:45:44 +0100
To: "Aaron Reed" <aaronr@us.ibm.com>
Cc: www-forms@w3.org

Hi Aaron,

> Insert is a difficult section, to be sure, but I'd rather 1.1 get
> finalized and out the door rather than bogging down too much more.  If
> it is truly broken, then sure it is better to fix it now than later.
> Maybe that is really the case.  But perhaps all we need is a companion
> article posted/linked to across different XForms-based sites that has a
> LOT of examples and explains things in plain speak rather than spec
> language.  Something that is proof read and endorsed by the WG as being
> 'correct'.  Or it might be as simple as getting the 1.1 insert testsuite
> testcases out there early and making sure that they get an extra review
> and approved by the WG as being 'correct'.

I see what you're saying, but the problem with that approach is that
if people are saying that insert is too complicated _now_, then the
possibility of an issue being raised at Last Call is surely very high.
It may end up being a false economy to postpone solving the problem.

Regards,

Mark

--
  Mark Birbeck, formsPlayer