Re: www-forms debates

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:49:31 -0700
To: Ivan Latysh <IvanLatysh@yahoo.ca>
Cc: www-forms@w3.org, www-forms-request@w3.org
Hi Ivan,

Anyone can debate any technical issue on www-forms, and the working group
takes it pretty seriously.
That does not mean we will agree with everything a person asks for, and we
sometimes have to take a pass on great ideas for the current release, but
we do take it seriously.

As for actual voting, you have to become a member of the W3C and have your
AC rep nominate you to join the Forms WG.  Of coruse, this is not
something one does just to get a vote, as it is a commitment to remain a
member in good standing (i.e. one that can vote).  Joining includes the
obligation to attend weekly telecons, travel to 4 face to face meetings,
and both take on and complete action items in a timely fashion.

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM: Lotus Forms Architect and Researcher
Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com

Ivan Latysh <IvanLatysh@yahoo.ca>
Sent by: www-forms-request@w3.org
04/18/2007 02:45 PM
Please respond to
Ivan Latysh <IvanLatysh@yahoo.ca>

www-forms@w3.org
cc

Subject
www-forms debates

Hello All,

 Can anybody brighten me up on how and who are debate on XForms spec
changes ?

 Just want to be more familiar with a voting/debating process.

--
Best regards,
 Ivan                          mailto:IvanLatysh@yahoo.ca