Re: <repeat/> Element

From: Peter Nunn <peter.nunn@vistic.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 15:22:20 +1200
To: www-forms@w3.org
I think the wording of point 2 is not that the nodes must have a common
parent, rather the namespace must be the same. (or that is how I see it)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<instance  xmlns="http://tempuri.org/ns1"
    <mixed-colors xmlns="http://tempuri.org/ns2">

the xpath expression

"//*:color" returns the nodes:

However the nodeset is not consistent in respect to a repeat element as
it violates rule 2 in that orange and safron do not share a common

"//color" returns the nodes:

which is consistent with rule2.
While this is a constructed example it serves to illustrate the meaning
of the specification.

While the specification says the behavior is non-deterministic, my
personal view is that when an xpath returns a collection of nodes that
do not share a common namespace then a binding error should occur.