context node for output's contents

From: Aaron Reed <aaronr@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 03:41:59 -0500
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hi,

formsPlayer and XSmiles don't handle this testcase, but I think that it
is a valid one.  The general question is, "should the xforms contents of
an output with @value have no context node with which to evalutate their
xpath expressions (since the output has no binding attributes) or should
they inherit the context node that the output used to evaluate its
@value expression?  Mozilla supported this at one time but regressed it
so now I'm wondering if it is worth fixing if no one else handles this
like Mozilla.

Here is an example form:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
xmlns:ev="http://www.w3.org/2001/xml-events"
xmlns:xforms="http://www.w3.org/2002/xforms" xml:lang="en">
   <head>
     <title>Output Value Context</title>
     <xforms:model>
       <xforms:instance xmlns="">
         <data xmlns="">
           <value>X</value>
         </data>
       </xforms:instance>
     </xforms:model>
   </head>
       This testcase test whether an output with a value attribute sets the
       correct context for its children (the label). The context should
be its
       parent's context.
       I believe the following should display "X X Y":
       <xforms:group ref="value">
         <xforms:output ref="."/>
         <xforms:output value="'Y'">
           <xforms:label ref="."/>