Re: Feedback on 1.1: Case element content model and attributes

From: Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 15:15:09 +0200
To: www-forms@w3.org

Rafael Benito wrote:
> In this case, we should define the behaviour in cases such as having the
> ref pointing to a non-existant node or a non-relevant node. Then, if the
> user toggles to that case or selected is "true", what is the behaviour?

That's a good point. If I understand well, xforms:case was introduced to
provide an alternative to model-based switching. If we introduce
xforms:case/@ref, then xforms:case starts having a hybrid and possibly
quite confusing behavior. For this reason I think that it would be best
to leave xforms:case as it is, without @ref attribute. You can always
nest xforms:group within xforms:case if needed.

-Erik

--
Orbeon - XForms Everywhere:
http://www.orbeon.com/blog/