From: www-forms-request@w3.org [mailto:www-forms-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Klotz, Leigh
Sent: 07 September 2006 21:46
To: Aaron Reed; www-forms@w3.org
Subject: RE: multiple datatypes on a single bound node

Aaron,
We discussed this issue in this week's XForms Working Group teleconference,
and I am reporting the group's consensus and surrounding discussion.

As you suspected, the results are up to the implementation.  We decided that
there are no errata necessary for this response.

There was some sentiment that precedence order is the wrong pattern to
follow, and open combination may be more appropriate.  Thus, an XForms
processors might choose to satisfy multiple type constraints with a
particular presentation chosen by the combination, and the working group
decided to leave open the freedom to do that.

The WG invites XForms processor implementers and users to respond to this
message with use cases and current implementation practice, in order to
stimulate discussion for possible future enhancements.

Thank you,
Leigh.