XForms and Web Forms 2.0

From: Francisco Monteiro <monterro2004@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 15:19:16 +0100
To: <www-forms@w3.org>
The current debate reminds me of SOA 2.0 and Grid 2.0. What's really driving
SOA 2.0 and Grid 2.0 is hollow, buzzword-based marketing by companies trying
to stand out in overpopulated and immature markets. On SOA, we have a
general, high-level consensus in the absence of a single standards-based
definition.

The inherent problem with Grid 2.0 is the philosophy behind grids has always
been about harnessing distributed computing power. In other words, Grid 2.0
is grid 1.0 because it re-treads an accepted concept by just adding more
stuff. I seem to remember doing distributed computing 14 years ago.

As I mentioned both XForms and Web Forms 2.0 can exist as client side
technology, I use XForms and Dojo and Yahoo UI each one has a place the
question is determining where and when to use the best of what the
technology offers.

Francisco
facileXForms - really AJAX at heart