RE: IBM Position Statement on XForms and Web Forms 2.0

From: Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 01:40:10 -0400
To: "'Lachlan Hunt'" <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>, <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Cc: <public-appformats@w3.org>, <www-forms@w3.org>

Hi, Lachlan-

Lachlan Hunt wrote:

| For that JS implementation to function in IE, it requires serving as
| text/html, which (as I've already said) is unacceptable.

You treat this argument, which informs many of your subsequent claims, as
axiomatic.  It is not.  It is, in fact, merely a particular interpretation
of the range of options out there, and a controversial one at that.

I submit that this particular "problem" is not insoluable, given the
application of a little flexibility and imagination on both sides.

Regards-
Doug