Re: XForms status on mobile/PDA platforms

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 13:56:12 -0800
To: Sten Aksel Heien <Sten.Aksel.Heien@objectnet.no>
Cc: www-forms@w3.org, www-forms-request@w3.org
Hi Sten,

Yes, there are implementations of XForms suitable for mobile devices and
also implementations that process XForms content on the server and deliver
 XForms functionality as html + javascript to today's browsers.  There are
also numerous client-side plugins that process XForms natively on the
client.

Please see the XForms public page for further details on the numerous
implementations:
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/#implementations

Thanks,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM: Workplace Forms Architect and Researcher
Co-Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com  http://www.ibm.com/software/

Sten Aksel Heien <Sten.Aksel.Heien@objectnet.no>
Sent by: www-forms-request@w3.org
10/27/2006 01:56 AM

www-forms@w3.org
cc

Subject
XForms status on mobile/PDA platforms

Hi

I'm curious about using XForms for small screen devices like PDA and
mobiles.
So I would like to ask for pointers to relevant information.
I would like to know if XForms is supported in the clients (PDA/mobile)
and/or if is is supported an the server.

Sincerely,
--

Mvh
Sten Aksel Heien