Re: How to set dynamically the value of attribute case on element toggle within an itemset

From: Paul Hermans <paul.hermans@amplexor.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:20:43 +0100
To: <www-forms@w3.org>

>The proper feature appears in the next working draft of XForms 1.1 (due
>out real soon now).

Look forward to it.

>For existing XForms 1.0 implementations, you need to change to using
>model-based switching based on the relevance of a set of groups.

>For each case in your switch, use a group instead.  Put all those groups
>into a single outer group.

>For each inner group, express a ref to a node.  Make that node be relevant
>if and only if the proper dimension selection is made.

In this case I suppose that all groups (cases) need to 'bind' to different xml elements,
which isn't the case for me.

I have one element "unit".
Depending on the choice made for dimension, I need to offer different pick lists of values.
If dimension 'length': meter, kilometer, ...
if dimension 'weight': gram, kilogram, ...

Or am I missing something?

Paul