Re: Reset and insert actions

The only reason I can think of is that data in separate models are
absolutely independent but data that is in the same model could very
well be dependent on each other.  So if you reset some instances and not
others, you could get the model in a state that it could not get in by
any other means.  Like you might have computed nodes that aren't reset
even though the nodes they depend on are reset.  So keeping this on a
model basis it saves the form author from himself.

Another inconsistency to using @instance is that it would force the form
author to give the default instance document an id whereas most other
things in XForms defaults to the first instance document in a model if
instance isn't specifically used.

But I see your point.  It could be useful if used carefully.

--Aaron