Re: SELECT display

I have in the past designed xforms and spent ages mucking about with
"appearance", and grouping in order to try to get the form to make sense
to its users.
A form's function is often defined by more than just the controls on it.
It is common that the controls must "line up" in some way or otherwise
relate to each other in some coherent fashion for the form to be useful.
"Group" doesn't always get you where you need to be, and I am concerned
that xforms I develop that are perfectly functional and make sense in a
browser would likely be entirely unfathomable on some other devices
simply because of their reliance on layout to help convey meaning.
I dont know what the answer is, but more elaborate x-platform display
hints would go a long way toward minimising this problem I think. I dont
have any problem with Mark's xsl-fo style block layout options.

Cheers
Jason.