Re: SELECT display

Hi Aaron,

I disagree. :)

Although it's true that you don't necessarily want to define how
xf:item should appear, there is certainly nothing wrong with this:

  xf|item { display: block; }

or this:

  xf|item { display: inline-block; }

That doesn't affect device independence or accessibility.

The reason I said there was something missing from the XForms spec
though, is that we've never really said that individual pieces can be
styled. So for example, if a processor simply takes a select1 and
'converts' it to an HTML drop-box, then there are no 'item' elements
to add style to. However, if a select1 is implemented as a container
of 'item' elements then they can be styled.

We've also never said that an 'itemset' becomes a set of 'item'
elements, which you'd also need to say in order for this to all be
consistent.

--
Mark Birbeck
CEO