Re: Internationalization of forms

On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 22:09:15 +0200, Elliotte Harold
<elharo@metalab.unc.edu> wrote:

> Which, if any of the following things are allowed/required/prohibited in
> XForms:
>
> 1. xml:lang attributes

Allowed:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms/slice3.html#structure-attrs-common
"Foreign attributes are allowed on all XForms elements."

> 2. Unicode bidirectional marks

Allowed:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms/slice3.html
"XForms 1.0 is an application of XML"

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#charsets
"Legal characters are tab, carriage return, line feed, and the legal
characters of Unicode and ISO/IEC 10646....
Consequently, XML processors MUST accept any character in the range
specified for Char. /* any Unicode character, excluding the surrogate
blocks, FFFE, and FFFF. */"

> 3. Ruby text

Not forbidden. A function of the host language.

"A host language should add inline markup to the Inline content set."
http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms/slice8.html#id143292

> I couldn't find any discussion of this in the spec, either positive or
> negative.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Steven Pemberton