A note to implementors about entities in external instance data

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:32:19 +0200
To: "www-forms@w3.org" <www-forms@w3.org>

Seeing the following:
	http://www.w3.org/2002/04/xml_bugs/#bug4

reminded me that there are implementations where if you do

	<instance src="document.html"/>

and 'document.html' has character entities (such as &nbsp;), they will
(incorrectly) report a parse error. Implementors, please don't do this!

A test:
	http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/2006/entities.xhtml

This is a bit of a sneaky test: it imports itself as an instance and then
<output>s the paragraph containing the entities. I have tested it, and it
works in at least one implementation, and fails in at least one...

Steven Pemberton