[Fwd: Re: [ops-users] Support of embedded schemas]

From: Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 21:34:36 +0100
To: 'www-forms' <www-forms@w3.org>
All,

See the attached question about embedded schemas. How should the spec be
interpreted? Is it enough to embed an xsd:schema under a model, or does
the id need to be referenced in the model's @schema attribute?

-Erik

--
Orbeon Forms - XForms Everywhere
http://www.orbeon.com/blog/

attached mail follows:

Hi Erik,

Le jeudi 09 novembre 2006 à 20:47 +0100, Erik Bruchez a écrit :
> Eric,
>
> Agreed, this would we great for the sandbox.
>
> I see two things in the spec:
>
> o The schema for XForms allows xsd:schema elements in the model.
>
> o Section 3.3.1 also says that "The schema list may include URI
> fragments referring to elements located elsewhere in the containing
> document; e.g. "#myschema".
>
> I am not sure if it is enough to include a schema in the model for it to
> work, or if you need to use @schema="#myschema" in addition!

Yep, the recommendation isn't too clear on that point :-( ...

I would assume that including a schema in the xforms:model element is
enough and that @schema="#myschema" is rather for cases where you would
include the schema elsewhere in the document (you might for instance
want to include a schema straight into the xhtml:head and use it several
times in different XForms models) but that's just a guess!

Eric
--
GPG-PGP: 2A528005
Le premier annuaire des apiculteurs 100% XML!