Re: repeats

From: Jason <jeacott@hardlight.com.au>
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 13:04:16 +1030
To: Rafael Benito <rbenito@satec.es>
CC: 'John Boyer' <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>, 'Erik Bruchez' <ebruchez@orbeon.com>, www-forms@w3.org, www-forms-request@w3.org

Rafael Benito wrote:

> My last point is that we, as a group, should be sensitive to resource
> constraint devices issues as long as they do not jeopardize the
> functionalities for the desktop. Take into account that for every
> desktop, there are ten mobile devices in the world. It is up to the IT
> industries to make data applications happened in that environment.

Interesting perspective, I admit I hadn't even been thinking of mobile
devices (and I regularly develop j2me apps for <64k devices!), as time
moves on perhaps these devices won't be so limited, but then again,
perhaps there will always be devices with severe processing/memory
limitations.

Thanks for adding a new perspective.

Regards
Jason.