From: www-forms-request@w3.org [mailto:www-forms-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Mark Birbeck
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 4:15 AM
To: 'www-forms'
Subject: RE: XForms timer

Erik,

> [Leigh] I am with you on this one: this is exactly the
> way we do the autocomplete, except we use our own
> appearance.

Right, so you've in effect chosen option 2, which is to move away from
the
standard. That's fine, and given option 1 ("wait for 2 years") I don't
blame
you.

However, the whole point of my emails was not about how to implement
these
things, but how to make them available today, *without* deviating from
standards, and one way to do that is to implement new XForms features by
making use of other XForms features.

By the way, that is why Leigh's point about the onus being on
implementers
to represent these things as conveniently as possible doesn't help--the
features are 'invoked' via the mark-up, and it is the mark-up which
needs to
change, but it is determined by the Working Group, not the implementer.

Mark Birbeck
CEO
x-port.net Ltd.

e: Mark.Birbeck@x-port.net