Re: XForms Basic and Schema Validation

Hi Mark,

You have done a good job of describing this issue and have had a lot
of patience with me. I admire the amount of work you have put into
explaining this and you have done a good job. Combined with the mail
from Henry I do believe i'm finally on the same page.

 From Henry's mail it seems like XForms might have used the term
datatype intentionally for defining the validity. I have always
thought of section 5.1 as one describing the use of the XML Schema
components (complex and simple types) and this is the root of every
misunderstanding I have had.

Do you believe that the use of the term datatypes in 5.1 means that
XForms only has to perform this datatype validity check when applied
from bind/@type ?

Best regards,
David