xsd:duration datatype validation

From: David Landwehr <david.landwehr@solidapp.com>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 11:29:36 +0200
To: www-forms@w3.org

I have reread section 5.1 again and again in relation to the discussion
about datatype etc. Now I see that there are some IMO strange wording
regarding xsd:duration. This wording states: "XForms supports all XML
Schema datatypes
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms/index-all.html#def-datatype> except for
|xsd:duration". What does this mean (e.g. what happens if a node has the
type xsd:duration) and what is the intention of not including
xsd:duration. |

The following XForms example runs in the Firefox extension and it does
"incorrectly??" validate the xsd:duration. I guess the same will be so
for most implementations....
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
      <xforms:instance xmlns="">
      <xforms:bind nodeset="child" type="xsd:duration"/>
      *:invalid {
        background-color: red;
  <xforms:input ref="child">

Best regards,