Re: multimodal labels and trees too far away for XForms? [was: Re: Deploying (accessible) XForms today?]

From: Sebastian Schnitzenbaumer <schnitz@demaledetti.net>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2006 14:29:43 +0200
To: Mark Seaborne <m_seaborne@mac.com>
CC: Allan Beaufour <beaufour@gmail.com>, Stefano Debenedetti <ste@demaledetti.net>, www-forms@w3.org

> Personally I would like a general mechanism for handling depth that is
> not tied to a particular form control (like repeat), along with the
> convenience of the tree control, which is clearly a generally useful way
> of representing and interacting with depth.

This goes along with the easier repeat proposal, that there
shall be a form control like repeat that auto-magically
inserts all the buttons for insert, delete, (sort up/down?),
which is just a mapping to what can be done today with more
markup.

Along these lines there could be same pattern for trees in
1.1., where repeat gets another axis, for full control, and
yet again there is short-cut tree control which is just a
mapping.

All the best,

- Sebastian