Re: Because type is for datatype, there should not be a problem for XForms Basic

From: Allan Beaufour <beaufour@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 12:23:52 +0200
To: "John Boyer" <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Cc: www-forms@w3.org

On 5/5/06, John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com> wrote:
> And the interpretation you give takes on two contradictions when put in context.

I try to make my context "XForms". Which two contradictions are you
referring to?

> Finally, the interpretation of the type MIP as datatype validation only means goodness for XForms basic.

Leigh raised that issue almost two years ago. I see no point in
suddenly rushing for a specific interpretation because it means
goodness for XForms Basic. I would rather have a good solution that we
can all agree to.

I think that it makes sense to be able to apply complex types with
<bind type"..."/>.

--
... Allan