Getting a form to work on more than one browser

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 22:19:54 +0200
To: "Forms WG" <w3c-forms@w3.org>, "www-forms@w3.org" <www-forms@w3.org>

It has been an irritation to me that it was so difficult to get a form
that works in all browsers (particularly IE).

I think I've found a solution. Want to try it? You get a dialogue box from
IE, but click on 'Open' and it still works (as long as you have a suitable
plugin of course). You can also switch off the dialogue box 'for this type
of file'.

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/2006/easter-test.html

The trick? Add "?.html" at the end of the URL. It seems to fool IE into
sniffing despite the application/xhtml+xml media type.

(This will work for any document served as application/xhtml+xml by the
way).

Steven Pemberton