From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 07:17:32 -0500
To: www-forms@w3.org

I was thinking about DELETE lately
and in the process scanning the HTML spec to see if one could do
something like this:

<FORM ACTION="http://www.example.com/badpage.html" METHOD="DELETE">

Apparently not. HTML 4 and XHTML 1.1 only allow GET and POST methods
from forms.

I looked ahead to XHTML 2, which pointed me at XForms, which apparently
adds PUT. However, there's still no DELETE, even in 1.1. It seems pretty
crucial for many use cases. Any special reason this is missing? Or is it
just that nobody's asked for this yet?