Re: Context menus in XForms

From: Allan Beaufour <beaufour@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 12:45:53 +0200
To: "Oskari.Koskimies@nokia.com" <Oskari.Koskimies@nokia.com>
Cc: www-forms@w3.org

On 3/26/06, Oskari.Koskimies@nokia.com <Oskari.Koskimies@nokia.com> wrote:
> Secondly, while the functionality is superficially like a select1, you
> don't want the binding to be mandatory, but optional like for trigger.
> Also you don't want to be forced to give dummy value elements. Like it
> was said earlier, the menu is an UI concept - like trigger.

Yes, it will become a bit "hackish" doing this with a select1, I agree.

> And then there is the case of tabbed panels, which can be done with
> triggers but it is hard and cumbersome, and cannot be made to take
> advantage of built-in tabbed panel widgets because the author intent is
> lost.

Good point.

> Comments?

I'm glad to read about some pretty concrete examples and use-cases,
especially from the "model device world". So thanks! Unfortunately, I
do not have enough "WG history" to know if the menu concept was
discussed at some point in time, but I think it should be discussed.

--
... Allan