Content Type

From: Sylvain Hellegouarch <sh@defuze.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:08:24 +0100
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if XForms had a Content-Type associated to it such as
application/xforms+xml. I have not seen any on the IANA website nor
anywhere else. Please forgive me if I haven't looked carefully enough.

I'm asking that because I often setup my web application to use Content
negotiation and serve content based on what the UA says it supports. For
instance Firefox says it accepts application/xhtml+xml when Internet
Explorer does not. I serve XHTML in the first case and HTML otherwise.

In the case of XForms, if the UA does not support XForms natively or via
an extension, I would serve my XForms document through XHTML and I would
add a call to FormFaces (the Javascript XForms implementation as you all
know). Basically, I would like to use the native XForms implementation
if there and FormFaces otherwise.

Maybe this does not make much sense though :)

Regards,
- Sylvain