RE: XForms Editor Review

From: Richard Braman <rbraman@bramantax.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 02:03:12 -0500
To: "'Lars Oppermann'" <lars.oppermann@sun.com>, <www-forms@w3.org>

I did find this reference by the way

http://www.idealliance.org/proceedings/xml04/papers/110/xml2004_ideadb.h
tml

-----Original Message-----
From: www-forms-request@w3.org [mailto:www-forms-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Lars Oppermann
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 3:13 AM
To: rbraman@bramantax.com; www-forms@w3.org
Subject: Re: XForms Editor Review

Hi Richard

Richard Braman wrote:
> I have read about the OO effort but when I open my forms with open
> office it doesn't do #!@3 <mailto:#!@3>.  I would rather concentrate
the
> effort in xForms community than in OO (and they can particpate)
because
> the implementation knowledge exists in this community.  Who heads
Xforms
> dev in OO?

I do :)

It is not yet decided, whether in upcomming versions of XForms in OOo
will focus more on the authoring and exporting to XHTML+XForms approach,

or whether we expand more on the OpenDocument+XForms approach.

You seem to be most interested in a solution that gives you
XHTML+XForms. Since OOo is not an XHTML authoring tool, making it a
XHTML+XForms authoring tool is somewhat unlikely. The goal of XForms in
OOo is to introduce rich declarative XML based forms into the world of
office productivity applications. Nevertheless, a good XHTML+XForms
export can also be a part of that.

All the best,
/lars