Announcement: Mozilla XForms Extension Preview version 4

From: Allan Beaufour <beaufour@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 19:55:41 +0100
To: www-forms@w3.org, dev-tech-xforms@lists.mozilla.org

Announcement of XForms Extension Preview version 0.4
-- "It really sets off a white belt"

The Mozilla XForms project is proud to announce version 0.4 of our extension,
including _a lot_ of improvements and bug fixes.

Improvements and Fixes
A quick overview of some of the things that have changes since version 0.3:

* Upload is supported (except mediatype filtering)
* Preliminary support for range for numbers
* Inputs bound to date types are shown as calendar/date-pickers
* Support of copy element
* Hide disabled form controls per default (*:disabled { display: none; } )
* Support DOMFocusIn / DOMFocusOut events
* Support xforms-select and xforms-deselect
* Support submissions using "mailto:"
* Fix various errors in XPath parsing
* Fix various XUL issues (work in progress)
* Support more schema types

For a more complete list of what is, and what is not, supported, please see
the release notes:

New Custom Extensions
We have also added some new custom extensions:

* Use classes until we support pseudo elements
* New Custom Control Interface (nsIXFormsAccessors)
* Support getInstanceDocuments()
* Support getFeature("org.mozilla.xforms.instanceOwner")

These are documented in more detail in:

You can find download and install instruction on our download page:

Note: You need to run Firefox or SeaMonkey 1.0 to use the extension.

We look forward to feedback on the extension, on the mailing list, on IRC, or
through bug reports. For details, see our feedback page:

Known Bugs
As this is an experimental release, we still have plenty of bugs -- just check
Bugzilla :) One obvious one is that the calculator example looks weird, when
switching to SVG, and then back.