Announcement: Mozilla XForms Extension Preview version 4

From: Allan Beaufour <beaufour@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 19:55:41 +0100
To: www-forms@w3.org, dev-tech-xforms@lists.mozilla.org

Announcement of XForms Extension Preview version 0.4
-- "It really sets off a white belt"

The Mozilla XForms project is proud to announce version 0.4 of our extension,
including _a lot_ of improvements and bug fixes.

Improvements and Fixes
----------------------
A quick overview of some of the things that have changes since version 0.3:

* Upload is supported (except mediatype filtering)
* Preliminary support for range for numbers
* Inputs bound to date types are shown as calendar/date-pickers
* Support of copy element
* Hide disabled form controls per default (*:disabled { display: none; } )
* Support DOMFocusIn / DOMFocusOut events
* Support xforms-select and xforms-deselect
* Support submissions using "mailto:"
* Fix various errors in XPath parsing
* Fix various XUL issues (work in progress)
* Support more schema types

For a more complete list of what is, and what is not, supported, please see
the release notes:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xforms/ReleaseNotes-v4.html

New Custom Extensions
---------------------
We have also added some new custom extensions:

* Use classes until we support pseudo elements
* New Custom Control Interface (nsIXFormsAccessors)
* Support getInstanceDocuments()
* Support getFeature("org.mozilla.xforms.instanceOwner")

These are documented in more detail in:
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XForms:Mozilla_XForms_Specials

Download
--------
You can find download and install instruction on our download page:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xforms/download.html

Note: You need to run Firefox 1.5.0.1 or SeaMonkey 1.0 to use the extension.

Feedback
--------
We look forward to feedback on the extension, on the mailing list, on IRC, or
through bug reports. For details, see our feedback page:
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/xforms/feedback.html

Known Bugs
As this is an experimental release, we still have plenty of bugs -- just check
Bugzilla :) One obvious one is that the calculator example looks weird, when
switching to SVG, and then back.