Select with open selection

From: Rafael Benito <rbenito@satec.es>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2006 16:10:06 +0200
To: <www-forms@w3.org>
  <http://www.satec.es/plant_correo/img/Logo_sistemas.gif>

Hi,

Xforms 1.0 Recommendation in Sections 8.1.10 and 8.1.11 states for
selection="open" that "Free entry text is handled the same as form control
input 8.1.2 The input Element, possibly in multiplicity."

IMO, id does not state clearly what the actual XML syntaxis is for this
situation and should be clarified. In our implementation we assume that an
empty value element means that the option is open, and then, treat it as an
input element for presentation.

For example, <select ref="my:flavors">

                        <label>Flavors</label>

                            <choices>

                                <item>

                                    <label>Vanilla</label>

                                    <value>v</value>

                                </item>

                                <item>

                                    <label>Strawberry</label>

                                    <value>s</value>

                                </item>

                                <item>

                                    <label>Chocolate</label>

                                    <value>c</value>

                                </item>

                                <item>

                                    <label>Your choice</label>

                                    <value/>

                                 </item>

                            </choices>

                     </select>

would allow the user to enter "mango"

Regards,

Rafael Benito

Logo_sistemas.gif
(image/gif attachment: Logo_sistemas.gif)