Two test cases for common bugs with bind/@relevant and attributes

From: Klotz, Leigh <Leigh.Klotz@xerox.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:42:12 -0700
To: <www-forms@w3.org>
Cc: "Klotz, Leigh" <Leigh.Klotz@xerox.com>

I have recently been testing bind/@relevant and attribute nodes, and
have found the same two bugs in more than one XForms processor.

I believe that these tests should be added to the W3C XForms test suite.

For convenience I'm referring to the test cases files by links to
entries in the Mozilla XForms 0.5 bug database, and including brief
descriptions in this message.

1. bind/@relevant on element fails to apply to child attributes

 <bind nodeset="/data/test5" relevant="false()" />
doesn't propgate relevant to
but it does propagate relevant to

Spec reference:
http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms/slice6.html#model-prop-relevant says
"Inheritance Rules: If any ancestor node evaluates to XPath false, this
value is treated as false."

2. bind/@relevant fails to apply to attribute serialization

  <bind nodeset="/path/to/@attribute" relevant="false()" />
fails to inhibit serialization of the specified attribute.

Spec reference:
Bullet item 1:
  Any node which is considered not relevant as defined in "6.1.4 The
relevant Property" is removed.

Leigh L. Klotz, Jr.
Xerox Corporation