Active submissions

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 19:44:26 +0200
To: "www-forms@w3.org" <www-forms@w3.org>

I have a form (and I'm sure many others have too) where the server takes a
long time to return the results after a submission.

Users were getting confused about whether the submit had 'taken', so I
added the necessary event handling to toggle feedback that the submit was
being processed.

However, I think that there should be a low-cost default that makes it
clear that something has happened, and I would like to propose that the
spec states that all submit elements bound to a submission are in state
'active' between xforms-submit and xforms-submit-done, so that you can use
the CSS :active selector to style elements appropriately.

Steven Pemberton