Re: Displaying select items in a row

From: John Boyer <boyerj@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:00:30 -0700
To: Faheem A Hussain <fahussai@us.ibm.com>
Cc: www-forms@w3.org, www-forms-request@w3.org
This is a question of styling by the host language (probably XFDL in your
case), not a question of the underlying XForms.

So, this type of question is best directed to the support of the vendor.

Since I happen to know the answer, though, here it is:

<checkgroup sid="c">
   <xforms:select ...>
        <xforms:label>...
        <xforms:itemset ...>
               <xforms:extension>
                      <itemlocation> <after compute="itemprevious"/>
</itemlocation>
               </xforms:extension>

We let the extension element be used to add host language extras to the
generated items, including positioning information like the above.

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
Senior Product Architect/Research Scientist
Co-Chair, W3C XForms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com  http://www.ibm.com/software/

Faheem A Hussain <fahussai@us.ibm.com>
Sent by: www-forms-request@w3.org
06/14/2006 08:11 PM

www-forms@w3.org
cc

Subject
Displaying select items in a row

We are working on an application using XForms here in IBM. I am trying to
display the options(checkboxes) in a SELECT element differently than in a
column(default). Like in a row or maybe in different cells of a table. Is
it possible? If the answer is yes then a simple example would be highly
appreciated.