Re: Switch inside a repeat in XForms 1.1 [was switch & repeat controls]

I don't have a final opinion on this formulation yet (however John
there is a typo, "rum-time"), but in addition to specifying that the
switches have an independent life and how they react to toggle, I
think it is important to also clearly specify the following (I am
writing quickly so not elaborating much, but I hope I make some sense
;-):

1. What happens upon deletion, insertion or cloning of nodes in a
    node-set addressed by an xforms:repeat with regard to the enclosed
    switches?

    I would expect the state of the switches to somehow stay associated
    with the nodes the enclosing repeats are bound to, so that
    visually, if a user deletes a row in a table, then the switches
    update correctly.

    Same thing upon insertion, and here I see two case:

    o The insertion duplicates a node that does not have a repeat
      iteration with switch associated with it (e.g. by using
      xforms:insert/@origin. In this case, I expect the state of the
      new switch to be the default state.

    o The insertion duplicates one of the nodes that current has a
      repeat iteration associated with it and an associated switch
      (typical way xforms:insert works by cloning the last element of
      the node-set). In this case, I would expect the state of the
      switch to be the same as that of the switch associated with the
      origin node.

    Note that this is what we implement in OPS right now.

2. What happens in a similar situation upon instance replacement?

    Here we have two solutions: either restore the switches to their
    default state, or try to keep their current state. The latter may
    be difficult to figure out, especially since the structure of the
    instance may change completely upon replacement.

-Erik

--
Orbeon - XForms Everywhere:
http://www.orbeon.com/blog/