Re: Event questions.

From: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 16:51:02 +0100
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hi Steven,

> XML Events says that an element defaults to a handler for an event if it
> doesn't have a handler attribute on it.
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-events/Overview.html#section-attributedefaulting

Indeed...but the reason it's an interesting question is that
xf:message is a handler *anyway*. The action must implement the
handleEvent() method in order to be a handler, and this can't be
applied later--it must be there regardless of the ev:* attributes
present.

I've just remembered that in a related discussion at the FtF before
last, I suggested that @handler is actually only needed on the
ev:listener element, and isn't needed elsewhere, and my vague
recollection is that this is the reason why.

It seems to me wrong to ignore the fact that xf:message is a handler
in its own right, so I think we should either execute *both* handlers,
or we should say that @ev:handler is not allowed on action handlers.
(The second solution seems more correct to me.)

Regards,

Mark

--
Mark Birbeck