Re: i18n, componentized forms and multiple models

On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 14:41:10 +0200, Andrew S. Townley
<andrew.townley@bearingpoint.com> wrote:

>> A model is meant to represent the abstraction of a single form. If a
>> form
>> is using lots of data from different locations, they should be
>> aggregated
>> in a single model.
>
> I guess because the presentation's model seemed like it should be
> different than the actual form data's model.  I see your point though.

The reason to be careful is because events are only sent to the model, and
an update in one model doesn't cause updates in other models. Models are
fairly insulated from each other, which is why it is good to regard them
as independent things.

> Unrelated question, but can your technique of using triggers to control
> the "simple" vs. "complex" views of a form be applied to items as well?

Absolutely. If <select selection="open"> doesn't do it for you, you can
always add a trigger that opens up an <input> or <textarea> for freeform
input.

Steven