From: www-forms-request@w3.org [mailto:www-forms-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Landry DEFO KUATE
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 6:04 AM
To: Fritz_Schenk@Countrywide.Com; www-forms@w3.org
Subject: RE: Handle XForms Submit whith XmlHttpRequest

I can't use Xforms because with Xforms, when you click a submit for example, the submission object will built the http request and send it to server. Next, the browser will handle server response and show it in the page (roundtrip). The matter with this is that I have more forms and other information on the page and I just want to refresh the appropriate area that contains the form that was submit.

I am thinking of using a listner on te submission and cancel the submission onsubmit event.

Il place, I will user a <xforms:setvalue value="handlerequest(.)"/> that will call a generic JavaScript function. This function have to do the same responsibility the submission will do, but by usin an XmlHttpRequest object. Then, this function will refresh the div that contains Xforms form with return data.

I want to know if this solution is smart and realistic and if somebody have deal with this in the past.

Thank's