Re: How to enter a & character in input field

From: Catherine Poinsignon <catherine.poinsignon@lombard.lu>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 11:02:22 +0200
To: <ebruchez@orbeon.com>,<www-forms@w3.org>
Thank you Erik for your reply.
I'am working with Novell exteNd 5.2.1 Form Designer (XForms 1.0).
See http://developer.novell.com/xforms/
I will try to get a solution from Novell.

Regards,

Catherine

>>> Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com> 30/06/2006 17:01 >>>

Catherine,

You don't say what XForms implementation you are using, but this sounds

like a bug in that implementation. There is nothing in XForms that
prevents you to enter such characters in an input or textarea.

As a side note, XForms controls are bound to nodes in XML documents
known as XForms instances. XML supports Unicode [1], which ultimately
means that, barring limitations of a particular XForms implementation,

all the characters of all the existing (and many dead) languages of our

good old planet earth can be supported :-)

-Erik

[1] http://www.unicode.org/

--
Orbeon - XForms Everywhere: