xml schema validation

From: Jay Knight <jhknight@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 11:00:13 -0600
To: www-forms@w3.org

I have some questions about XML schema validation... can't seem to
find any good examples of this sort of stuff.

>From http://www.w3.org/TR/xforms/slice3.html#structure-model:

schema attribute on model element: Optional list of xsd:anyURI links
to XML Schema documents outside this model element. The XForms
Processor must process all Schemas listed in this attribute. Within
each XForms Model, there is a limit of one Schema per namespace
declaration, including inline and linked Schemas.

So, where all can schemas be defined?  What are inline schemas?  I
think I've seen this in more recent drafts, but not in the 1.0 rec.
Is the following fragment legal?

<model schema="schema_1.xsd">
<bind nodeset="value" type="something" />
<!-- Where "something" is defined in schema_1.xsd -->

Also, if there are multiple schemas listed, how are they treated?  The
same as if they were both in the same file?  I'm trying to use php's
schema validation function
to validate, but it will only look at one file.  So how should I
handle that?  And what if I have one schema, but I add a <bind
type="xs:integer"/>, how should I validate both?

Am I way off base on all this?

Jay K