Reducing list

From: Flinton Adam <Adam.Flinton@cfh.nhs.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:12:45 -0000
To: <www-forms@w3.org>

Dear All,

Hopefully this is an easy question.

Imagine I have an structure like this

Element X Which has 0...n children Elements Y each of which in turn has
0...n children Elements Z each of which has content I am after.

What I need in a form is:

1) To have a drop down list box showing all Y elements sorted
2) Typing into this drop down list box should give a reducing list i.e.
typing the letter r would give me all the Y elements starting with the
letter r, then typing a would give me the all Y elements starting with
the letter ra etc.
3) Finally selecting the Y element name I want should then populate the
second dropdown with the Z elements which are children of that Y
4) Same as 2 but for the Z elements.
5) Selecting the right Z element should then give me the content of that
Z element.

Any ideas?

This e-mail is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this e-mail or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it. Thank you for your co-operation.