Re: OracleForms 2 XForms

From: Erik Bruchez <erik@bruchez.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:15:29 +0100
To: www-forms@w3.org

Alexander,

 From what I hear, Oracle Forms covers more ground than XForms (probably
data binding, etc., - pardon my ignorance here) but XForms certainly can
be an important part of a replacement solution.

I suggest your voice your concern with Oracle and tell them you would
like to move to XForms and ask them how they can help. I believe that
many a customer of Oracle Forms is now looking for alternative
solutions, and Oracle tends to push strictly in the direction of
heavy-duty, Java-based JSF solutions, which current Oracle Forms
developers cannot swallow.

-Erik