[ANN] XForms-based source code viewer

From: Erik Bruchez <erik@bruchez.org>
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 02:23:50 +0100
To: www-forms@w3.org

All,

I thought I would mention a little application of XForms which is part
of Orbeon PresentationServer.

Many application platforms have examples, and it is useful to allow
people to browse the source code of said examples online without
requiring a full download.

OPS has had such a source code viewer for a long time, but we have
just updated it with some neat XForms features. You can try it here:

   http://www.orbeon.com/ops/goto-source/forms/detail/detail-model.xpl

The link above points to the source code of the recent "DMV Forms"
example announced recently:

   http://www.orbeon.com/ops/forms

The viewer uses XForms to display the list of files with the Repeat
module. It also uses an XForms submission to call a server-side
formatting service which returns the content of the file marked up
with HTML, either as a simple text version which preserves all the
details of the original source file, or as an optional
syntax-highlighted version for XML files.

Thanks to the Ajax-based XForms engine, the viewer allows you to
navigate between files or change the viewing mode without the page
ever reloading. It also has a "download" function which allows
you to directly downlad a source file.

You can access the viewer by selecting the "View Source" tab of each
example. It is also possible to link directly to a particular source
file.

Needless to say, it's all open source!

Enjoy,

-Erik