Re: The message action is for messages, not arbitrary dialogs

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 07:46:20 -0500
To: ebruchez@orbeon.com
Cc: www-forms@w3.org

Erik Bruchez wrote:

> o I like explicit over implicit. If you say "message", you mean
>   message. I don't know of any user interface framework that uses the
>   term "message" to also mean "dialog".

Google MessageBox. .NET, SWT, and ASP.NET all use this term instead of
DialogBox. Possibly they think of MessageBox as a restricted form of
DialogBox just for messages; i.e. an alert. I'm not sure, but certainly
the word message is sometimes used in place of the word dialog.

Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!