RE: The message action is for messages, not arbitrary dialogs

Hi Leigh,

Thanks for digging up the early minutes on this issue.  The struggle
between allowing the (error) message to be only plain text versus allowing
host language markup to dress up the message can be seen.
It seems pretty clear that not a lot of consideration is given to bending
message into something that can do full dialogs.  Otherwise, the content
model just within XForms would not be just a mix of characters and output
elements only.

Cheers,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
STSM: Workplace Forms Architect and Researcher
Co-Chair, W3C Forms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com  http://www.ibm.com/software/

"Klotz, Leigh" <Leigh.Klotz@xerox.com>
Sent by: www-forms-request@w3.org
12/04/2006 05:28 PM

John Boyer/CanWest/IBM@IBMCA, <www-forms@w3.org>
cc

Subject
RE: The message action is for messages, not arbitrary dialogs