RE: url params et al

From: Klotz, Leigh <Leigh.Klotz@xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 09:42:29 -0700
To: "T.V Raman" <raman@google.com>
Cc: <www-forms@w3.org>, "Francisco Monteiro" <monterro2004@tiscali.co.uk>

I looked at XSLT 2.0 in Michael Kay's book, and the the decision critera
for where AVTs work in XSLT 2.0.
As I remember it, the decision critera were as follows:
- attributes must be specifically identified
- must not be of type IDREF
- must not not be XPath expressions

For the full text, which is about a page, please see ISBN: 0-7645-6909-0

Also, rather than using a first-nodeset rule, they use concatenation
with a single space between, though if you set compatibility mode to
XSLT 1.0, they use a single node.

AVTs cannot be nested, but Kay's book  gives an example using concat of
how to achieve certain desired effects.

There also appears to be some hair associated with call-template, as
Kay's Saxon processor provides a saxon:allow-avt attribute as an
extension.
(Reference page http://saxon.sourceforge.net/saxon7.3/changes.html).