Re: 1.0 errata section 10 (complex type validation clarification)

Just for a little further info, we didn't read the section of Schema 1.1
that you quoted as meaning
that xsi:type overrides the type offered by the schema itself.  The
paragraph seemed to just be
trying to get the reader to understand that type information could come
from the schema or from
xsi:type.

I can see in an 80-20 way how you might read it that way, so the response
from us is to ask if you
could please check with the schema group as we feel that it might be worth
a bit of clarification
on their part to say that they did not mean to imply xsi:type overrides
the schema type assigned
to the node.  It would be for them to decide whether they actually do a
clarification.

For our own part, the node is valid if it satifies all *applicable* schema
definitions, so on the off
chance that the appearance of xsi:type overrides schema definitions, I
would think that our
wording is still safe and also clearly spells out the fact that the type
MIP in particular is a separate
channel of validity from information derived from schema and/or xsi:type.

Best regards,
John M. Boyer, Ph.D.
Senior Product Architect/Research Scientist
Co-Chair, W3C XForms Working Group
IBM Victoria Software Lab
E-Mail: boyerj@ca.ibm.com  http://www.ibm.com/software/

"Steven Pemberton" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Sent by: www-forms-request@w3.org
08/02/2006 08:49 AM

"Aaron Reed" <aaronr@us.ibm.com>, www-forms@w3.org
cc

Subject
Re: 1.0 errata section 10 (complex type validation clarification)

Aaron,

The working group discussed this today, and couldn't see how you came to
your conclusion. We think that you should be talking to the schema group
for this clarification.

Best wishes,

Steven