Managing Validation Error Messages

From: Christian Schuhegger <Christian.Schuhegger@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 15:15:42 +0200
To: www-forms@w3.org

Hello,

I've just finished reading the book XForms Essentials (O'Reilly) and I
did not find any clear hint on how to pass information about valiadtion
errors to the user interface, so that the error message is human
understandable. Another topic would be how to do I18N of such error
messages, but this is a secondary issue.

If found on this list the following two thread:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2002Jul/0037.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-forms/2002Jul/thread.html#76

I would like to know what the current status of "Managing Validation
Error Messages" in XForms is. Could anybody please summarize the current
status of this topic and XForms?

Thanks,
--
Christian Schuhegger