Re: XForms timer

On 4/25/06, Erik Bruchez <ebruchez@orbeon.com> wrote:
> It is often useful to react to timed, possibly repeating, asynchronous
> events.

Oh yes. Good of you to bring it up!

> I can see how a configurable xforms:timer element would perfectly fit
> in the XForms philosophy, and I think that this should be built into
> XForms.

I'm not 100% convinced that it belongs in XForms land. The host
language could have support for it, and events could trigger actions
in XForms. Is there something XForms specific that we need to handle
for it?

> In the meanwhile, have other implementors addressed this as an
> extension?

Nothing in Firefox, no. I'm pretty sure that formsPlayer has something
like that for the clock example?

--
... Allan