Re: Support for AVTs in XForms? [WAS: Dynamic @action attribute on xforms:submission]

Joern Turner wrote:

> Why not use multiple setvalue action in this case? IMO this would be
> much clearer cause normally setvalue specifies exactly one value.

My point was that you must specify:

1. That you are setting a header (vs. an action, or something else).

2. The name of the header.

3. The value of the header.

This is different from just setting the value for the action: there is
one more parameter, which is the name of the header.

> While i absolutely agree on the usefulness of such a construct i also
> see problems here:
> it just doesn't feel right to allow XForms as an embedded language to
> change attributes of its host language. While this might work with HTML
> (i actually can't find an example where this would cause problems) you
> can imagine that it could cause trouble for some other host language.

Maybe this can be up to the XForms / host language integration to
specify this. I don't think it would necessarily make sense for XForms
in general to specify that every host language must support AVTs. But
since it makes so much sense for (X)HTML, some serious thinking should
be done in this case.

-Erik

--
Orbeon - XForms Everywhere: